Now that the coronavirus (COVID-19) is officially a pandemic, with 20,626 confirmed cases in the Philippines and a "community quarantine" in effect, people have been feeling all kinds of emotions: panic, fear, anxiety, to name a few. And we get it. Your feelings are valid. But let's not forget that there are ways to prevent this disease from spreading.
Still, if you can't seem to shake that bad feeling off, there *are* ways to cope with our current situation.
- Accept your feelings. Don't try to bury them, and don't let anyone make you feel bad about feeling this way.
- Focus on the things you can control—like making sure you're always washing your hands, taking your vitamins, and being aware of what you touch if you're out in public.
- Limit your media consumption to a few trusted sources. Seeing every viral update won't make you feel better, especially if it's fake news.
- Eat well. The best thing you can do for your body right now is to nourish it and keep it healthy. Really good food will do wonders for your mental health.
- Exercise!!! We know everyone's trying to avoid going out, so this is a time to get creative and find ways to ~keep moving~ even while you're indoors. YouTube workout videos to the rescue!
- If you're staying at home most of the time, try and still establish a daily routine to get you through the day.
- Stay connected. The online world is a powerful thing, and now is not the time to forget our humanity. Reach out to your loved ones and check in on them.