It doesn't matter if you're a single girl in a barkada of fabulously free friends or if you're worried about being the fifth (or seventh, or ninth) wheel in a group of matched and happily attached lovers. If you're sick of hearing all about the love you haven't found, whether or not you're surrounded by sweet couples, Valentine's Day probably isn't your day.
That doesn't mean that it can't be, though. Turn V-Day into a celebration of love—love for yourself and love for life, that is!
- Pamper yourself. Treat your body to some well-deserved loving at your favorite spa, or get a trusted home service masseuse to work the knots out of your tired shoulders in the comfort of your home. (Blue Water Day Spa is having a Singles' Day Out promo on V-Day; P1,000 for a Swedish massage and foot spa/reflexology. Or go with your girlfriends and avail of the 5-person Group Date for P5,000.) If you're craving a little touch or a little stress relief, your therapist easing your muscles is truly the best kind.
- Get gorgeous. You don't need a man to make you feel beautiful! Hit the salon and get a makeover. Get a fierce haircut, or dye your hair like you've always wanted to. Get a super sexy blood red mani-pedi for Hallmark hearts day. Splurge on some healthy treatments for your hair. Best of all, if you really don't want to be alone on V-Day, get your single girlfriends to make it a salon date.
- Watch Valentine's Day on Valentine’s Day. Or pick another movie of your choice if you're not in the rom-com mood. Lots of great movies open this month; why not ask your BFF out on a V-Day date and catch a flick at your favorite cinema? You can be sure that you'll enjoy the company, and it'll give you guys a chance to catch up.
- See a show. Some really great shows are opening this month, and catching a play is a great way to kill over two hours of your time and have fun doing it. If you're a big fan of Broadway hits, you'll definitely want to see RENT at the RCBC Plaza (which runs all weekends of February; call Ticketworld at 891-9999 for tickets). If you want to see something new, catch Romeo and Bernadette (which also runs all weekends of February at OnStage in Greenbelt 1; call 887-0710). As a bonus, both plays fit into the Valentine theme because they're about love—all kinds of love!
- Let loose and get loud. Singing is a great way to perk up your mood! Get all your single friends together and snag a private karaoke room. Sing your hearts out to your favorite cheesy power ballads and classic boy band love songs. Serenade each other with the silliest tunes you can think of, or tease your single crush with a suggestive song. Be shamelessly mushy and have a great time doing it.
- Party all night. Hit up one of Manila's premier clubs (or go to Bigfish’s Innovation Red on Saturday night at World Trade Center) in your favorite party outfit with your friends. And dance, dance, dance the night away, of course! You never know, you might meet some cute guys on the dance floor. But even if you don't, you're guaranteed a great time with your girls.