1. You don’t want to puke all over the place. Getting vomit on those new Nike Flyknits you just bought is sooooooooo NOT cute! Also, a bitch to clean in the morning. Let’s not get started on the dry, half-digested food you’ll have to remove from your hair. Yuck!
2. Being carried out of a club is not the fashionable exit you want to make. You walked in there on your two high heels, make sure you do the same when you leave.
3. You want to make it home in one piece. Even if you’re taking a cab or commuting home, you want to be aware of your surroundings. Sober up before the trip by having a bite or some coffee. And please don’t even think about driving under the influence of alcohol.
4. Waking up next to some random guy you thought was cute after four beers might not be fun. Trust CGs, the walk of shame is even worse. Also, hindi talaga siya guwapo.
5. Alcohol speak can make anyone look like an idiot. Overconfidence, slurring, and spraying saliva on the people around you are not very attractive! Kadiri!
6. You don’t want to be that girl who no one wants to invite to parties. “Oh si (insert drunkard's name here) lasing nanaman kagabi!” “Yeah, don’t mind her, she’s always drunk.” Yikes. Not cool.
7. Random bruises, scrapes, and cuts are a pain in the ass. They’re the casualties of tripping all over the place, breaking things by accident, and just being an overall bumbling drunk.
8. Remember, we live in a world of smartphones. Unless you enjoy having photos and videos of you online that would make your mom cringe, best behave in a social setting. No amount of untagging will save you from the dark abyss that is the Internet.
9. Hangovers are a major hassle. Headaches, body pains, a brutal lack of motivation to get out of bed and do anything. Sounds like fun? Yep, you’ve been there before and you know how it goes.
10. You want to remember all the fun you had last night, right? “If you don’t remember what happened, then you must have had fun” is not always true when you’ve lost your phone or wallet. Or made a fool of yourself in front of people you respect. Or got into an accident because of your intoxication. Still having fun? Didn’t think so.
11. Because it’s the classy thing to do. Sure, you’re allowed to let loose for a night of drinking with the gal pals. Just remember to watch yourself while you do so. A lot of the mistakes made under the influence could be avoided. It’s just about knowing when you’ve had one glass too many.