I don't know about you, but one of my favorite memories before the pandemic struck and we were all made to stay at home (which is a privilege I'm very thankful for) were all the times my officemates and I would go down at about three or four p.m. to buy our merienda at either the Korean mart near us or the Ministop in our building. One of my favorite snacks to buy is kariman. It's affordable, nakakabusog, and comes in different sweet and savory flavors, too!
Every now and then, I would find myself missing my go-to snack. Luckily, as I was scrolling through TikTok, I found a super easy recipe recreating kariman that I just *had* to share it. Keep on reading to be guided:
bikin yuk utk buka puasa ????? original sound - VunnyPUBGM
- Bread slices
- Mini chocolate bars or cheese slices for your filling
- 2 eggs
- Bread crumbs (you may use crushed Skyflakes if you don't have bread crumbs at home)
- Before you make your kariman, crack two eggs in a bowl, mix it, and set it to the side. You will need it later.
- Slice away the corners of your bread and flatten them using a rolling pin.
- Place your chosen filling on the center of the bread and put another slice on top. Using the rim of a circular glass, pierce it through the bread.
- Dip your kariman in the egg mixture, then coat it with bread crumbs or crushed Skyflakes for that ~extra crunch~.
- Deep-fry your kariman until it's golden brown.
Follow Cheska on Instagram.