If your childhood’s anything like mine, before you started dreaming of different countries and discovering other cultures, a lot of the travel memories you had were of road trips. It doesn’t matter if it was a two-hour drive or a 12-hour ride, road trips were the only way to go. So let’s go back to our roots, shall we?
1. Make your way to Hulugan Falls in Laguna.
Not gonna lie: You’ll have to trek through dirt roads, rock formations, and wild vegetation for an hour before you reach the falls, but no one can deny that it’s ~so~ worth it.
2. Go caving (kinda) in Minalungao Park in Nueva Ecija.
Towering rock formations surround the gorgeous river, and there’s even a small cave you can explore if you’re feeling brave.
3. Get out of your comfort zone and check Mt. Pinatubo off your bucket list!
If the only thing stopping you from trying out mountain climbing is fear, here’s your chance to overcome it. Drag your barkada with you, so you’re all in it together (literally)!
4. Go camping in Anawangin Cove in Zambales.
After you conquer Mt. Pinatubo, build a tent, break out your favorite sitsirya, and unwind at the Anawangin Cove campsite!
5. Clear your head in Sagada.
This is where the landscape opens and the pace slows down. An added perk is that it’s chilly—yes, even colder than Baguio. We’re sure bae won’t mind a trip up north if it means you get to cuddle. ;)
6. Hit up Patar Beach in Bolinao, Pangasinan.
Patar Beach is said to be the “hidden treasure of the North” and the label is truly deserved.
7. Explore every nook and cranny of Calle Crisologo in Vigan.
Old historical houses, horse-drawn carriages, and cobblestone streets—it’s time to travel back in time! Here’s a local secret: don’t leave Vigan without trying their dragon fruit-flavored street ice cream.
8. Stay close to home and escape to Antipolo for a few hours.
If you don’t have enough time (or money) for a full-blown road trip, drop by the Pinto Art Museum in Antipolo. You won’t have to break the bank for an equally satisfying retreat from the city.
Follow Ysa on Instagram.