When it comes to stress, every person has a way of coping. But if your usual tactics aren't working, what else can you do? One way to add a little more positivity in your life is by making sure that your kwarto or bahay *feels* good. To achieve this, you can try using essential oils in your living space.
They can help reduce stress and anxiety and make you sleep better. Yugen, a brand that just arrived in Manila, is all about promoting "scented positivity." They have seven scents in their line, with Inspire being the most popular. This scent is made up of passion fruit and melon notes. But if you're not a fan of those, they also have these scents:
- Joy (pomegranate, turkish rose, cherry blossom, amber)
- Rise (white tea, lily of the valley, freesia, bergamot)
- Hope (orris, red currant jelly, jasmine patchouli
- Thrive (pear, white freesia, white musks)
- Awake (lemongrass, cedarwood, nutmeg, valencia orange)
- Alive (eucalyptus, valenica orange, lemon, peppermint)
Yugen has a Reed Diffuser that comes in two sizes: 100ml and 200ml.
Because of the shape of their signature kajute sticks, the essential oils are absorbed faster and distributed better. And the container is designed in such a way that prevents the scent from evaporating too fast. The price depends on the size you go with and the scent you purchase.
- P3,800 - Hope, Thrive
- P3,850 - Joy, Rise, Inspire
- P3,950 - Awake
- P5,300 - Joy, Rise, Thrive, Inspire, Hope
- P5,800 - Awake, Alive
If, however, you want a product that feels more familiar, Yugen also has a Bath Candle (P2,250) that'll make you feel more relaxed. It's made out of organic soy beans, and the candle's wick is 100 percent cotton.
Yugen is located at Shangri-La Plaza, Shaw Boulevard, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City.
Follow Ysa on Instagram.