1. He's surprisingly not great at watching legal dramas with because he'll pick holes in absolutely everything and be all like "that's not how it actually happens."
DON'T RAIN ON MY SUITS PARADE, OK?
2. He thinks he's right about everything.
Whether that involves Marge Simpson's middle name or who last did the laundry, he's very good at believing he's right.
3. He has very strong beliefs—and of course, thinks they're all absolutely spot on and that there is no alternative.
"Yes brie is the best cheese and I'll argue until the early hours about why I'm right." (Okay, so not quite but you get the idea.)
4. He'll work loooooong hours and whatever's going on in the office won't be far from his brain.
But in some ways, this is good because it means you really appreciate the time you have together.
5. A lot of the time, you probably won't really know what he's talking about because there are loads of detail to everything and it's all very fact specific.
Or maybe that's just me. Do other people understand these things? DO THEY?
6. He's incredibly confident and/or arrogant.
You still can't figure out if he's insanely cocky or just has mega confidence, even if you've been dating for a while.
7. He's argumentative.
He argues for a living, for crying out loud, so anything that involves a bit of conflict or disagreement at the dinner table? He's down for it.
8. He appreciates a good suit.
Well, doesn't everyone?
9. They get invited to lots of fancy events which may or may not involve having a plus one.
Dinners, drinks, mixing with potential clients—you probably know the drill.
10. They're not great at losing at anything, so your cute date over the Scrabble board or playing tennis with your siblings is probably off the cards unless you're okay with nursing his ego afterwards.
11. He's got a very good memory.
All that law training, university lectures, and memorizing text books off by heart wasn't for nothing—not only is he a trained lawyer now, he's also got amazing memory. Agh.
12. He's quite good at turning on the charm at any given moment, because he's used to having to do it with work colleagues or potential clients.
He's a HUGE hit with your family.
13. He can be very persuasive.
He makes money out of twisting things so they're to his benefit, so methods of persuasion are pretty much second nature to him. If he says you're going to a Chinese restaurant for dinner when you're craving for Japanese? You're probably going for Chinese.
14. They really appreciate any time off, so whether it's having a lazy day in or going on a little day trip somewhere, you just know he'll make the most of it.
15. He's great for asking for help when it comes to important legal things you might not understand fully.
We're not gonna complain about getting a legal hand with our tax returns or retirement fund.
16. He's reliable—or so you like to think.
If he has to be on time to work/court/meetings everyday, he's pretty good when it comes to meeting you for brunch on a Sunday. Yaaas.
Just a shame they can't all look like Harvey Spector, eh?
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.co.uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.