1. There will always be more than just the two of you.
Understand that you are about to embark on a love triangle comprising of you, your boyfriend, and the G word. Yes, that's the gym.
2. Lazy Sundays spent together in front of the TV will never be a thing, because the other two parts of your love triangle will be sweating it out together in spin class.
You won't get jealous, though, because you'll be curled up on the sofa in your PJs eating chocolate and catching up on Game of Thrones. You get used to your own company.
3. You'd better kiss goodbye to all your favorite restaurants.
You know, the ones that only offer calorific meals, which will leave you with nothing but immense satisfaction and an impressive food baby. Anything that could jeopardize his perfect #summerbod, sculpted by hours of dedication in the gym, is a no go. So that includes basically anything delicious, even alcohol. Protein shakes and grilled chicken are almost as nice, though.
4. Prepare to turn into a gym bunny, too.
He will try to turn you into a gym bunny yourself. Be firm about this: you're not interested.
5. You'll have to learn to ignore comments like
"Do you know how many calories are in that?" and "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!" Urgh. You eat what you want, you can stuff your calories where the protein shake don't shine, thank you very much.
6. Be prepared to embrace every single diet fad going.
Whether it's juice cleanses or carb cycling, he'll be on it, which means you'll inevitably end up trying them too.
7. Real clothes will become non-existent.
You'll probably start to question whether he owns any other sort of material other than Lycra. Just a heads up: this is by no means acceptable to wear on a date. No-one wants that 'I came fresh from the gym and am soaked in my own sweat' vibe on a date.
8. You'll become the voice of reassurance.
A gym rat will be just as fixated on their appearance as they are on beating the number reps they did last session. Underneath the Lycra and tracksuits that you love so much, they can be quite insecure really, and will constantly seek reassurance and recognition for all of their efforts to look ab-tastic.
9. Early starts are a struggle that is real.
Like, very early starts. They'll be up, pumping those muscles away at the gym while you're still lazing about in bed wondering what to have for breakfast.
10. There'll be endless piles of washing.
Heaps and heaps of sweaty gym clothes everywhere. He'd better not expect you to help.
11. Protein shake bottles will clutter up the sink.
Where am I meant to put my bowl?
12. You'll be constantly bombarded by social media uploads.
Because if you didn't post your gym session on Snapchat, did it ever really happen?
13. He'll be super fit and super driven, though.
And despite all the irritating bits listed above, every time you look at him you'll be all "YESSS!"