You meet a guy, he seems to like you. You go on a couple of dates, hook up, and there's chemistry—but things just don't seem to move forward. Before you waste your time trying to figure out what's going on, we hate to break this to you, but some guys just like to lead you on without intending to date you. *douche-bag alert*
The reason for this behavior could be various things like keeping their options open or they just don't want to commit. Needless to say, it has more to do with them and nothing to do with you.
Below, 10 surefire signs that a man you are kinda seeing is not really looking for a relationship with you.
- He finally texts you back after three days of no response and hits you with the too-old-to-still-exist excuse: "I'm sorry I've been really busy."
- He won't let you move on, but doesn't want to be with you himself.
- He makes plans regularly, only to delay or cancel them shortly after.
- He's brutally inconsistent and will pop up at the most random time possible. It's almost as if he has a sixth sense that detects when you are moving on!
- Even if you haven't initiated the "what are we?" conversation yet, he makes you feel like you're way too eager to make things official.
- He tells you he "isn't looking for anything serious" one minute, but he says just enough to keep a glimpse of hope lingering above your head.
- He only showers you with attention when there is another guy in the picture.
- He only communicates with you on Snapchat or other silly forms of social media.
- He still has an active dating profile on Tinder, Bumble etc. even though he claims to never use them.
- He acts vague and distant in social situations but is all affectionate and loving when you two are alone.
If you have experienced more than one or two of these warning signs, we suggest you dump his non-dating ass and move on. You can thank us later!
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.in. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.