1. You're sick with the flu? Cramps? Literally anything? He's gotchu. By the time he's gotten through med school, residency, fellowship, and whatever the hell else one's got to do to learn how to save people's lives, he's pretty much seen it all. He wants to take care of you and your problems. It's in his blood.
2. He loves it when you tell him your GERD is flaring up. Well, not exactly. But he must deal with people literally complaining about their problems all day long for his job, so dude's a great listener.
3. Who needs WebMD when you've got Dr. IRL? "Babe, my finger hurts can you look at it? Also, I swear I have this strange pain on my—" "You're fine." "No, but—" "You're fine." Problem solved!
4. You never have to worry about choking on a grape again. He can Heimlich! Pretty sure you sprained your ankle walking drunk in heels? He can makeshift a cast. Dating a doctor is like living in a world filled with healthy rainbows and safe smiles.
5. You never have to deal with ginsecurities (gas insecurities). Not that it ever should be in any healthy relationship, but the hall-marks of longterm relationships (e.g., farting in front of each other, burping away) come on much faster when you're with a physician.
6. Impromptu date nights! Supercharged emotional sex! Realistically, doctors have bad days (like, really bad days) more often than we like to think about. On those days, they need things to take their minds off what they've dealt with.
7. Having literally been in life-or-death situations, he's got perspective. He knows what's important (life) and what's not (all the other things). For example:
8. In case of emergency, you've learned not to freak the fuck out. You've got someone by your side who doesn't blink twice in situations that would test other people's relationships. Also, you've learned to reevaluate what an emergency is—you now understand it's not a 40-minute brunch wait.
9. Heck yes, you can cram two movies, that new seafood place, apple-picking, and happy hour into a single day! Between his shifts and your busy life, y'all have got two completely free nights to spend together in the next four weeks. Let the very proactive, very ambitious date night planning begin!
10. Doctors are well-versed in the female anatomy. ;) ;) ;) No, but really. They all have to study ob-gyn. They know all the parts. Let them show you how they work!
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.