Gel nails are the best because they stay glossy and last without chipping. These pros, however, become a con: They're such a bitch to remove! We would usually recommend that you head to a salon to have them professionally removed, but if that isn't an option, you can follow this tutorial by Tree Ma, a licensed cosmetologist. Read on to see how it's done:
Things you need
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton ball
- Aluminum foil strips
- Stainless cuticle pusher
- Nail file
- First, file away the gel topcoat with an emery board.
- Then, unravel a cotton ball and cut it into small pieces.
- Soak the cotton in nail polish remover, place on top of the nail, and wrap with a foil strip. Repeat this step until all 10 fingers are covered.
- Wait for 15 minutes and check if the gel polish is soft enough to scrape off with a cuticle pusher. Proceed with the removal if you could easily lift the layers off your fingernail.
- If the gel lacquer is still stiff, repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Wash your hands and apply cuticle oil to resurrect your nail's health.
Watch the whole video to see how she removed her gel mani at home:
Follow Ira on Instagram.
Follow Cosmo PH Beauty on Instagram.
We are officially on Viber! Be part of the Cosmo Viber Community by clicking here! You can also visit the Sticker Market and download the “Cosmo Girl Sticker Set” here to be automatically part of the group. The stickers will only be available until April 27, so don’t miss out on the fun!