Raiza Contawi is known for her cool makeup tutorials. Her recent one was a Nadine Lustre-inspired look, which had us do a double-take because of the close resemblance! But for her latest video upload, she chose to talk about how she overcame adult acne, a subject that's relevant to many Pinays.
According to Raiza, she noticed that her acne started getting severe in her 20s, when she was already working. She also mentioned that the skin condition was genetic, as her mom and siblings had it, too. Today, her skin is basically clear and cured of inflamed pimples, and she revealed how she did it:
Here, we broke down products and lifestyle changes that she did:
- We're so used to thinking that too much oil causes pimples. Well, in Raiza's case, it was the complete opposite! She recalled only drinking sodas, juices, and coffee back then, which caused extreme dehydration in her whole body. She was also a fan of fried and fast food. She observed that when she chugged more water and embraced a healthful diet, her skin became more behaved.
- Raiza removed dirt and grime on her face with a product with salicylic acid. According to her, this particular cleanser never dries out the complexion.
She De Ell Finished Acne Clear Face Foam Cleanser. P1,141.18, Yesstyle.comContinue reading below ↓
- Then, she refines the skin's texture with a toner with mandelic acid, a mild exfoliating ingredient that won't hurt inflamed pimples as it lifts dead skin cells.
By Wishtrend Mandelic Acid Skin Prep Water, P1,150, BeautyMNLContinue reading below ↓
- She also emphasized the importance of exfoliating the face regularly to unclog the pores.
Dear Klairs Gentle Black Sugar Facial Polish, P1,050, SkinCosmetics.comContinue reading below ↓
- To seal the protective barrier of her face, Raiza applied Madeca Derma Anti-aging Moisturizer regularly. It has a non-greasy formula, so it never leaves her complexion feeling slick. It also has lavender and rosemary water that can soothe the skin.
- For special care, the vlogger place acne stickers on the spot to prevent bacteria from further infecting it throughout the day. Then, she treats her face weekly with Centellian24 Madeca Derma Mask to hydrate her parched complexion.
COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch, P480/24pcs, Lazada
How about you, CGs? What products did you use to get rid of pimples? Tell us in the comments!
Follow Ira on Instagram.