It's been a heartbreaking past few days for the Philippines. At 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 12, the Taal Volcano erupted and majorly affected and displaced residents of southern Luzon. Later that night, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) raised the alert status of the volcano to Alert Level 4, and up until today, the status remains the same.
As the world watches and sends their messages of hope, some of our favorite Korean stars haven't forgotten about their Pinoy fans. Earlier today, BTS' V wrote a message of concern to a Pinoy ARMY who asked for prayers for the PH via the Weverse app.
Writing in Hangul, the fan said, "Please help Philippine ARMY…please #prayforthephilippines"
V then replied to the message, and, also in Hangul, wrote, "I'm really sick these days. Please don't hurt anyone and hope nature doesn't hurt people anymore."
Other Korean stars who sent messages of love to their Pinoy fans were Super Junior's Siwon and Infinite's Kim Myung Soo.
In case of an emergency, here is a list of hotlines you can call:
- National Emergency Hotline – 911
- Philippine National Police – 117
- PHIVOLCS – (02) 8426-1468 to 79
- Philippine Red Cross – 143 or (02) 8790-2300
- Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) – (02) 8426-0246
- National Disaster Risk Reduction And Management Council – (02) 8911-5061 to 65 local 100
Follow Jacinda on Instagram.