You know how Asian moms (especially Filipino ones ) act so differently from their Western counterparts? I mean, let's face it: the rules are sometimes stricter, the dynamics are different, and you KNOW a Filipina mom or tita when you see—and hear—one.
An Instagram account under the username @fynestchina spoofs typical Filipino moms. It's run by a 20-year-old Ilocano/Kapampangan who's now based in San Francisco, California!
His videos feature a fictional character named "Cassandra Mae" and we get to see Cassandra's funny/dramatic/painful moments with her mom, her sister Kiara, and her ~American~ counterpart named Samantha. Check out some of @fynestchina's videos with her "mom."
1. Here's how some Filipino moms react when you introduce your boyfriend for the first time:
2. Don't even get us started on how some parents compare siblings to each other:
3. Those reactions when you ask for money:
4. Remember when you fought with your sibs as kids and your mom would give you that *death stare* so you'd behave?
5. The different forms of discipline:
6. We even see Cassandra's dad! "You can go if your dad says you can go!"
7. Filipino moms and titas when you try to kill insects:
8. Has this ever happened to you while you were sleeping? Because some moms really loooove to clean.
9. We've all had to deal with leftover ulam at some point:
10. And, finally, here's how some parents apologize: With food.
Follow Lily on Instagram.