It may come from a family relative like your nosy titas and titos; a pranka friend, or worse, someone you dislike so much—so instead of staying quiet, here are sassy and funny replies you can throw back at them:
1. "Because food always makes me happy"
Who would have thought pizza and ice cream can make you blush in delight?
2. "I'm just getting ready for the holidays!"
Two words: Family reunions. #BuffetGalore
3. "Well it only means my metabolism is still fast!"
…which also means, I could still shed off the weight fast. *Wink*
4. "Bakit, ikaw ba ang gumagastos?"
Ugh. My money, MY rules. LOL.
5. "You know what, unlike some people, food will never judge me, it always understands."
Especially when you’re in a slump, food will always satisfy.
6. “Bakit? Ikaw ba ang tataba?”
…so shush. *eye roll*
7. "Because they always say 'your first love never dies.'"
Who can ever resist the temptation?
8. "I'm on a seafood diet kasi."
When I see food, I eat it.
9. "Kasi ang sarap kumain."
No matter what people say about your eating habits, food is just so hard to resist!
10. "I am the boss of me. I do what I want."
End of conversation!
This story originally appeared on Femalenetwork.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.