There’s no denying that ITZY is one of the most popular K-pop groups today. Did you know that they became the second-ever South Korean girl group to hit the Billboard Global 200 more than once? Plus, the MV of ITZY’s latest title track, “In the morning,” is now officially their fastest music video ever to hit the 100-million mark, breaking their previous record from when “Not Shy” reached the same milestone in 2020. Needless to say, the group has been booked and busy!
Still, health is a priority for this quintet. During a guesting on IU’s YouTube show, the group revealed that they don’t deprive themselves of foods they want and just try to eat healthy. Yeji explained, “We love eating tasty food, and we realized that when we eat well, we dance well. Once, we performed without eating anything, we were not able to focus because of the hunger. We realized earlier that it’s too difficult to perform our songs without eating properly.”
She added, “We have to perform three or four times during a pre-recording. It’s nearly impossible to perform without eating anything. But we can perform better after having a good meal.” Lia chimed in, “Eating tasty food also helps refresh myself.” The rest of the girls agreed. Here they are enjoying some jjimbak with IU:
An interview for Harper’s BAZAAR’s “Food Diaries” gave fans a closer look at what ITZY enjoys eating on a daily basis.
- Ryujin usually wakes up around 10:00 a.m. and immediately drinks iced water. For brunch, she has fried vegetables: cabbage, mushrooms, onions, green onion, with her secret ingredient—oyster sauce. Ryujin is a candy person and prefers jellies for snack time. To end the day, she goes for whatever she craves or a simple salad.
Continue reading below ↓
- Chaeryeong takes her supplements in the morning. She skips breakfast and her first meal is in the afternoon. “Sometimes, I want to eat meat, and sometimes, I want to eat ice cream.” LOL, same! Chaeryeong avoids spicy and salty foods.
- Lia enjoys her first meal around noon, which consists of fresh fruits or smoothies. She snacks on cherry tomatoes, which she eats with honey or balsamic sauce. Lia is also a fan of glazed donuts, saying she has more than one a day, lol! Her day ends with kimchi fried rice, topped with mozzarella cheese.
- Yeji likes her sauces—she needs mayonnaise, mustard, and bean sauce with everything she eats. Like many of the girls, she also enjoys beef. Her go-to snack is watermelon. At night, it’s a salad with some chicken breast or chicken leg for ITZY’s leader.
- The group’s maknae, Yuna, likes to eat “beef, pasta, hamburgers, or pizza.” She also *loves* French fries, you guys. Yuna reaches for salad and chicken breast—hold the sauce—for dinner. “And I try not to eat after 8:00 p.m.”
In a video, “2TZY: Hello 2021”, Chaeryeong revealed that as trainees, they were put on a diet “365 days a year.”
Laughing, Ryujin said, “We’d make it really obvious that we were on diet…and we’d go home at night and eat fried chicken.” LOL! She said they’d wonder aloud why they didn’t lose weight…but then go home “and eat an entire watermelon.”
Chaeryeong shared, “When I’d go home, I’d drop by the supermarket and buy ice cream.” She recalled that when they were trainees, they’d race to the supermarket and whoever got their last would pay for everyone’s treats.
Cosmopolitan Philippines is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Cosmo and your favorite websites!
Follow Ysa on Instagram.