I'm convinced Marjorie Barretto is a genius in the kitchen because: 1) Every time you finish watching a cooking vlog, you can't think of anything else (I literally went to the grocery just to buy beef after watching her salpicao vlog) and 2) every dish seems easy to make! Take her fresh tomato pasta, for example. I first saw it in Dani Barretto's Valentine's Day vlog. It looked *amazing* so you can imagine how happy I was to learn the recipe.
- 1 kg pasta (linguini #13)
- 2 kg fresh tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 bar of butter
- Garlic, sliced in chips
- Basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Chili flakes
- Preheat a large pan and drizzle some olive oil in it. Melt the entire bar of butter next. Add all the garlic next. As always, add pepper as you go (this seems to be Marjorie's favorite ingredient, and I agree with her!). Julia, who's helping with the recipe, likes to add chili flakes early on so the heat is absorbed.
- Next, place all the cut tomatoes in the pan. Cover the pan so it simmers and the juice comes out. And yes, sprinkle more pepper in there. Mix a couple of basil leaves in there. Season with salt.
- Press the tomatoes lightly to get the juice out. Mix well. Add more chili flakes.
- Add some parmesan cheese so that it melts into the sauce. This also helps it thicken a bit. Cover the pan again.
- Cook your pasta in boiling water for five to seven minutes, depending on how you like it. I prefer it to more chewy than soft. When ready, add the pasta into the pan.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, and parmesan cheese.
Follow Ysa on Instagram.