Solenn Heussaff is back with another must-try recipe. She and Nix Alañon show us how to easily make Asian chili garlic crabs. Seriously, our mouths were watering while watching this five-minute tutorial. Rajo Laurel also makes an appearance and "corrects" the recipe by adding more heat to the crabs (yesss!).
Watch till the end to see Nico's reaction. ;)
- 2 kg large crabs (preferably female)
- 1 cup garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup ginger, finely minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander or wansoy leaves (young), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 red chilis, finely chopped
- 4 green chillis, finely chopped
- 1 tsp all-spice powder
- 1/4 cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper black
- 1/2 tbsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup rice wine or white wine
What you don't see in the video (but is detailed on Sos' blog) is that you have to clean the crabs and steam 'em for 10 minutes. Next, cut the crabs into smaller pieces before dusting it with cornstarch, salt, black peppers, and white peppers. Fry them in oil for about four minutes before setting them aside to cool.
All the details can be found on Solenn's website.
Follow Ysa on Instagram.