The great thing about tacos is that you don't have to do a lot of waiting or heavy lifting to enjoy one (or four). They're quick and easy to make and for the most part, the ingredients are pretty accessible. If you're not in the mood to make something elaborate in the kitchen, we suggest following Solenn Heussaff's Shrimp Taco recipe. In her latest video of #SolennCooking, she takes us through all the steps.
What you need:
- shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup coriander (or basil)
- feta cheese
What to do:
- Combine the sour cream, green onions, garlic, coriander or basil in a food processor. Add a little bit of water and calamansi juice so it's not too thick.
- In a bowl, mix the sauce and the shredded cabbage.
- Season the shrimp with chili, cayenne pepper, cumin seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, and lemon powder. Work with what you have. Mix thoroughly.
- Next, coat the shrimp in flour, dip 'em in egg, and cover with bread crumbs before frying.
- Heat up your tortillas while your shrimp is cooking.
- To make your tacos, combine your cole slaw, avocados, and shrimp! Sprinkle some feta cheese on top.
Follow Ysa on Instagram.