Whether you regularly have anal sex or not, it's probably something you thought about or considered. Here, some guys get really real about how anal and vaginal sex compare for them.
- "[Anal sex] feels grainier if that makes sense. I don't enjoy it as much as vaginal because you also have to prepare a lot for it. It's a much more vulnerable area than the vagina and I can't go as fast or powerful when doing anal. The novelty wore off on me as soon as I got in a very serious relationship, and wasn't hopping from partner to partner." [via]
- "Hearing a partner moan from anal is different than hearing a moan from vaginal and I find it sounds a bit hotter... It's also the act of a female surrendering completely and a dominance thing, for myself. PIV > anal but options are always nice." [via]
- "PIV sex feels like putting on skinny jeans and anal feels like fucking a water bottle." [via]
- "Vaginal is a sensation of tightness across the entire penis, whereas anal is more of a single ring feeling because the sphincter is the tightest point. For me anal feels a little tighter so there's more friction. In addition, there's no natural lube so that increases friction slightly. It's not more enjoyable for me, and most of my friends don't feel like it's more enjoyable either. It's just something that's different and treated in common culture as taboo, which makes it more interesting." [via]
- "I actually think in terms of physical sensations, that the vagina feels better than the anus. The vagina has more texture, is wetter, in general it feels better. My love of anal is purely psychological. I'm an ass man, so, and when I see that asshole, I just want to put my dick in it. For me, assplay is one more thing I like to incorporate in my sexual toolkit, so to speak. Just one more way to give and receive pleasure from each other." [via]
- "Vaginal is a wet and smooth feeling. Multiple ridges and muscles along the vaginal canal. When in strokes, it feels like a series of tight waves made slick by lube or the person being wet. Anal is a tight push feeling. It feels like a firm solid grip on the penis that only lets up when you sink all the way in. With very little lubricant, the feeling is often very texture driven as well." [via]
- "Besides the obvious of the butt being extremely tight, it's almost like a sucking feeling once the penis [is] a few inches in. So it's like getting a blow job at the same time that you're having sex." [via]
- "I prefer vagina. Anal feels different but not in a good vaginal way. Just different. I can't explain it more than: vagina feels really good wrapped around my dick and anal, well it's ok if that's what she's into." [via]
- "Vaginal is clearly better. No mess (except during menstruation, but whatever). More tight. More responsive. Anal is mostly only fun when the person receiving it enjoys it. But mostly, anal is overrated. At least heterosexual anal sex is." [via]
- "I'm a bigger guy with pretty average junk. I'm bigger though, so my fat can get in the way somewhat. The girls I'm normally with are bigger too, so positions like doggy are almost impossible PIV, but anally, works like a charm." [via]
- "To me, the vagina just feels better, both psychologically and physically. Psychologically, it's much more intimate because I she and I can interact much more freely and communicate clearer than doing it anally. Physically, a vagina feels much warmer and ... wetter. She has full control of how she can squeeze me while I'm in her pussy, and what I feel overall. That's not to say that anal is bad. I don't do anal much because it requires a lot of preparation for us, especially her. However, in the occasions that we do, I absolutely love it. Sure it's not as good physically, but I think this makes me last a bit longer than PIV which my SO likes." [via]
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com/uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.