Oh, long hair—to have it is both a blessing and a curse. We love it mainly because you can do a lot of ~*fun*~ hairstyles: ponytails, braids, buns, intricate up-dos—the world is our oyster! As for the disadvantages... well, there are a LOT. We asked the girls from Cosmo Mixers (our fun Facebook group which you should totes join!) to share the everyday struggles of having long, flowing tresses. Read their funny (and v relatable) responses below:
One item that you should have aside from a brush? A walis.
- “Long strands of hair everywhere in the house.” –Istin
- “Hair everywheeeeere.” –June Pauline
The wind is your worst enemy.
- “Mahangin ba sa labas?” -Eryka
- “Lip gloss + wind = 'yoko na po.” -Tish
- “If the situation is windy tapos matatakpan ng hair mo yung face mo or magugulo siya.” -Karyssa
- “'Pag hinangin yung buhok tapos creamy ang lipstick, patay na. Guguhit na sa mukha.” -Catherine
It’s a given: You will get tangles.
- “For me, napipilitan ako mag-suklay because TANGLES!!!” -Ira
- “Buhol always.” -Leah
- "Brushing and tying your hair are arm workouts!” -Andrea
- "Bye bye panali, hello buhol.” -Angel
A trip to the salon gives you trust issues.
- “Mahal magpa-salon!” -Monina
- “When you tell the hairstylist how many inches to cut off because you wanna retain the length, but he or she cuts off more than the length you agreed on.” -Paulina
*Answers have been edited for clarity.
Follow Cheska on Instagram.
Follow Lou on Instagram.