Contrary to the belief that stick foundations aren't for everyday use because of their thick, heavy coverage, these next-gen finds are lightweight and can shave minutes off your daily makeup routine.
It cuts foundation application in half.
You simply need to draw stripes on your whole face and blend everything for an airbrushed finish.
You can use it as a concealer.
Most stick foundations are pigmented enough to cover pimples, dark circles, and redness with just one swipe.
It’s perfect for retouching.
Dab it over your makeup to touch-up some spots that need a little help. Tap with your ring finger to blend. Easy, right?
It’s great for traveling
Since it’s in solid form, you wouldn't have to worry about Transport Airport Security (This agency regulates the amount of liquids, gels, and creams you bring in carry-on bags.) Plus, stick foundations won’t spill in your makeup kit!
That said, here are our favorite picks:
1. This has tea tree oil that can soothe the pimples you’re covering.
Fashion21 Perfect Stick with Tea Tree Oil, P195, Watsons
2. This department store find acts like a photo filter that blurs imperfections.
Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Makeup, P725, Robinsons Department Store
3. A waterproof foundation that promises a 12-hour wear—what retouch?
Hourglass Vanish Seamless Foundation Stick, P2,850, Sephora.ph
4. This medium to full coverage foundation feels and looks like second skin.
Make Up For Ever Ultra Stick HD Foundation, P2,700, SM Megamall
5. You'll forget that you're wearing makeup because of its featherweight and velvety texture.
NARS Velvet Matte Foundation Stick, P2,550, Rustan's The Beauty Source
Follow Ira on Instagram.