WARNING: *Major* spoilers ahead for Episode 9 of It's Okay To Not Be Okay! Don't read if you haven't seen the latest episodes yet.
With eight episodes down, we're already at the halfway mark of It's Okay To Not Be Okay. I don't know if it's just me, but I honestly think that things are going *too well* for our leads Moon Gang Tae (Kim Soo Hyun) and Ko Mun Yeong (Seo Ye Ji). And this leaves a sinking feeling in my stomach thinking what major plot twists are in store for us in the next half of the drama. Anyhoo, before I get ahead of myself, here's a quick recap of the highlights that happened in Episodes 7 and 8:
- Can you believe Gang Tae actually took A DAY OFF to spend time with Mun Yeong? Yup, he did. And we got loads of kilig moments between the two during their ~date~.
- Nam Joo Ri (Park Gyu Young) got into a totally LOL drunken encounter with publisher Lee Sang In (Kim Joo Hun) at a convenience store. Who else is shipping these two? They're kinda cute, TBH.
- We finally got to see a drunk Gang Tae—it's sad he's hung up on his mom, but 'twas super adorbs to see him interact with Mun Yeong all uninhibited. Plus, he gave her his handmade ~nightmare doll~ that night. #smoothmoves
- Wanting to let go of the trauma she has with her mother, Mun Yeong cut her hair into a totally sleek shoulder-length bob—not without the help of her Safety Pin, Gang Tae, though. Hihi
- Mun Yeong came across a male fan (Choi Daniel) at a café and Gang Tae got soooo jealous because of him (even if he couldn't admit it, lol).
- Whoops, the nightmare doll (aka Mang Tae) actually belongs to Moon Sang Tae (Oh Jung Se). He and Mun Yeong got into a huge physical fight over it, yikes!
- And finally, saw Gang Tae ~break free~ from suppressing his emotions in a confrontation with a violent hospital visitor. Damn was that punch intense! But the release made him finally realize what he's been wanting all along: to run away with Mun Yeong.
Basically my reaction after that scene: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! And just like Gang Tae said at the end of Ep8, "everything's so messed up"—and I'm loving it so far! So, let's brace ourselves for more developments this weekend and get into Episode 9's teaser:
1. Aww, Mun Yeong gets to sleep peacefully and happily now that she has Mang Tae with her.
2. "KO MUN YEONG!!!!!" Gang Tae shouts at the top of his lungs he drives off with her into…the unknown.
3. But boy is still troubling over his newly found freedom. *sighs*
4. Yes, they actually get to go on their trip! But crossing a bridge? Okay whatever, we'll take it!
5. Look here: They even take some couple selfies!
6. Oh no, Sang Tae is feeling left out now that his brother is, ya know, in love.
7. What's this? Gang Tae is suspicious of Mun Yeong's mother's death. Does her father know where *exactly* she is?
8. Nooo! Sang Tae actually asks Gang Tae to choose between him and Mun Yeong. :(
9. The lovers share an intimate moment by the beach, and things are looking quite complicated for Gang Tae because of what Mun Yeong says to him: "I don't want you to spend your entire life taking care of your brother."
New episodes of It's Okay To Not Be Okay are available on Netflix every Saturday and Sunday night at 9:30 p.m.
Follow Jacinda on Instagram.