We don't know about you, but whenever we binge-watch our fave K-drama, we always make sure we have some snacks to munch on. It's even better when they're Korean, too! But if you're tired of devouring nori sheets, honey butter almonds, and drinking flavored milk, why not try the lesser-known-but-just-as-delicious Korean corn cheese?
Corn cheese is one of the many side dishes that Koreans partner with their meals. It is essentially baked corn under a melt-in-your-mouth cheese topping. It's also known as an anju, aka food that's best paired with alcohol. ;) Ready to try it out? Check out this super easy recipe from Seonkyoung Longest:
Korean Corn Cheese
- 1 can of sweet corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- On a chopping board, dice a medium-sized onion. You may also do the same for the red chili if you want your corn cheese to have a little bit of a kick.
- In a bowl, dump your sweet corn and mix in the chopped onion and chili.
- Add the mayonnaise, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- In a sauté pan, melt unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Place your corn mixture on the sauté pan. Let it simmer for about two to three minutes.
- Put some shredded mozzarella on top.
- Carefully place your sauté pan in a pre-heated oven for about two to three minutes, or until the cheese melts all the way and gets a golden brown top.
Check out the video below for the full demo:
Follow Cheska on Instagram.