If you're getting sick of the usual sweet ~quarantreats~ like basque burnt cheesecake, ube cheese pandesal, and mug cakes, why not go back to a classic like sylvanas? They're sweet, buttery, and with just the right amount of crunch—exactly how we like our desserts!
For your next quarantine food experiment, try out this easy, no-bake sylvanas recipe from Kusina Chef. Check out the step-by-step tutorial below:
- 17 pieces graham crackers (separated into thirds or squares)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted cashew nuts
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- Mix 1 cup unsalted butter until it's light and fluffy.
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar and mix it with the butter until fully combined.
- Put 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and 1 teaspoon evaporated milk into the mixture. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted cashew nuts into the mixture and completely fold them into the buttercream.
- Sandwich 1 tablespoon of buttercream in between two graham crackers.
- Cover the entire sandwich with buttercream. This will serve as the "glue" for the crushed graham crackers.
- Coat the sandwich with *more* crushed graham crackers.
- Chill for 20 minutes before serving.
Follow Cheska on Instagram.