Feet seem to be a very polarizing body part. People either think they’re exceptionally gross or that they’re super sexy. You may know someone who can’t even stand the sight of bare feet. You also might know someone who gets turned on by the sight of bare feet. But I'm guessing they’re probably not as liberal with sharing that information.
Here, 14 guys get real about all their feet feelings.
1. "If they touch me, I will be mad at you. Feet are gross and they're always colder than they should be." —Derick, 29
2. “I honestly… I’m entirely neutral. This, right now, is the most I’ve ever thought about feet. I’m really confident in saying that. I’ve never thought about it really until now. I don’t know what you want from me.” —Alex, 27
3. “I’m not limbist. Foot racist? I only care if they’re stinky or hairy AF.” —Ryan, 28
4. “I absolutely can’t stand feet. And it’s not a man or a woman thing! They sit, encased in sweaty socks all day collecting a gross, slimy smell. And then you want to rub them on me while we sit on the couch? No thank you.” —Mark, 28
5. “I don’t think I can say I have a fetish or anything, but I give really good foot massages. So good, that I can usually get a woman in the mood with them. It’s sort of my go-to ‘move.’ It’s taught me to really appreciate how delicate women’s feet are. But I think that’s pretty normal.” —Phil, 29
6. “One time this girl sort of gave me a footjob and I didn’t know what the hell was happening. There was nothing wrong with her feet or anything but just the idea of her touching my dick with her feet made me feel sort of gross. Outside of that, I’ve never had a problem with feet.” —Greg, 26
7. “I’m OK with feet, but not into them. I have a very healthy relationship with feet.” —Michael, 27
8. “I’ve never understood why people find feet gross. I’ve also never really understood why people find them sexy.” —Brett, 28
9. “So I have one weird opinion when it comes to feet. I think that when I have a partner who always wears nail polish on her toes, it’s like… really surprising to me to see her without it. I know I never wear it, but I’m used to the way my toes look that way. So when all of a sudden she takes it off, it looks like she has little naked, alien toes. Is that weird?” —Sam, 26
10. “Yeah, I really like feet. I would say they turn me on, but like, not as much as seeing a woman naked or something. I just find a nice pair of feet cute.” —Noah, 28
11. “I've never understood why it's a fetish. Unless a woman's feet are really gross or abnormal in some other way I never notice them.” —Jon, 29
12. “I think high heels are sexy, but I don’t know if that counts.” —Matt, 27
13. “My girlfriend’s feet are always freezing. Freezing. I’m not even lying, she’s woken me up before by rubbing her feet against me. Other than that, I don’t really care much either way about feet.” —Jordan, 25
14. “I once hooked up with a girl who asked me to suck her toes while we were fooling around. I did it without thinking. In the moment, it didn’t seem like a big deal. But when I went home I used a ton of mouthwash. I kept thinking about how she obviously enjoyed it, but then also how she made out with me afterwards. It felt a little skeevy, like ass-to-mouth or something. So I guess I’m really confused on how I feel about feet.” —Tom, 27
Follow Frank on Twitter.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.