Marjorie Barretto has gifted newbie cooks with easy-to-follow recipes like her beef salpicao and fresh tomato pasta but today we're about to level up with a new kitchen experiment: roast chicken! This is something you can marinate in the morning and then quickly pop in the oven for lunch.
- 1 whole chicken
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 15 to 20 pieces of calamansi
- 1 whole garlic (and more garlic 'cause duh)
- Rock salt
- Pepper (will never be missing in action, as you all know)
- Liquid seasoning
- Magic seasoning (optional)'
- Preheat your oven.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce and calamansi.
- Next, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Massage it well and don't forget to do the inside of the chicken as well. Marjorie adds a little bit of magic seasoning, but this is optional.
- Dip the tanglad in the mixture you made earlier before inserting it in the chicken. Cut the garlic head in half, dip it in the mixture, and place it inside the chicken as well. Marjorie adds more cloves of garlic inside to bring out the flavor.
- Add some liquid seasoning before pouring the marinade all over the chicken.
- Cook in the oven for an hour.
Check it out:
Follow Ysa on Instagram.