So you've survived the fashion emergency called "what to wear to all those holiday parties." But no, the reason to stock up on formal garb is not on hold until the end of this year; on the contrary, this year is proving to be a favorite among engaged couples (just check out your Facebook feed to see at least one FB friend getting engaged or hitched every month!), so there's all that wedding outfit planning to do. Then, there's Valentine's Day in a few weeks--what if your boyfriend decides to take you on a romantic dinner for two at some swanky hotel or restaurant? A Cosmo chicks should always be prepared for these kinds of sitches!
Invest in a formal dress or two for sudden invites to weddings, formal dinners, or glamorous affairs. You really never know. You can either hit your favorite department store for ready-to-wear gowns, or enlist the help of your trusted mananahi to create one for you. For inspiration, check out the LuxeWear Collection of local designers at Philippine Fashion Week, presented by Sony CyberShot.
Feminine Formal Wear
- Benjie Manuel created dresses with details like ruffles and shapes in shocking colors of blue, violet, and pink.
- Delby Bragais, too, played with ruffles in her collection of vibrant, feminine dresses.
- Kat Corpus paired bright colors with black and created cut-out details for her luxewear.
- John Guarnes created two-toned body hugging ruched dresses and a black floor-length bell-type dress. He even played with fringes as accessories.
- Nolie Vineza created a collection for jetsetting fashionistas, with exuberant designs like patchwork, stripes, and zigzags.
Menswear As Ladieswear
- Edwin Uy created menswear for the ladies–double-breasted blazers, sheer blouses, and trousers in classic colors of cream and black.
- Julius Tarog created pieces for the edgy woman, with leather vests, blazers, and trousers and added with a feminine touch through sheer maxi skirts and fancy blouses.
- Melvin Lachica's collection of draped long dresses will catch your attention. The sheer, flowy dresses in soft earthy colors stand out with a detailed portion on each dress.
- Roel Rosal's jungle-inspired collection features sleek gowns and jumpsuits in animal prints.
- Ronaldo Arnaldo's collection had an unexpected twist, with blazers and blouses featuring hand sleeves popping out.
- Simon Ariel Vasquez's fringed skirts and dresses lets you bring out your inner flapper girl.
- Tina Daniac created wearable pieces that would make you feel sexy and tall.
Launch the gallery to see these luxurious garments on the runway, and be inspired to take your evening look to the next level.1333