Pancakes are a fancy breakfast staple! And when they’re fluffy AF, you know it’s going to be a good day. Treat yourself to these delicious fluffy pancake recipes:
How To Make Fluffy Pancakes: Basic Fluffy Pancake Recipe
Master the art of fluffing with this basic pancake recipe!
- 4 cups flour (sifted)
- 4 tbsps baking powder
- 4 cups milk (warm)
- 3/4 cup butter (melted)
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- maple syrup (to serve)
- Whisk flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Using a separate bowl, add the butter, milk, and egg yolks. Stir until they're combined.
- In a third bowl, beat the egg whites until they soften. You can also use a hand mixer for this!
- To create the pancake batter, pour milk mixture into the flour mixture. Stir and combine using a rubber spatula. Then add the beaten egg whites. Continue to stir until they combine.
- In a nonstick pan over low heat, pour 1 1/2 cups of pancake batter. Make sure to smooth out the top. Cover with a lid and wait until it's golden brown on the bottom. This usually takes 20 minutes. To ensure your pancake is fluffed and cooked, poke it using a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, that means your pancake is ready to serve.
- Move your pancake to a plate. Repeat previous steps so you can use the remaining batter to make more pancakes!
- Stack your pancakes then pour some maple syrup and enjoy!
How To Make Fluffy Pancakes: Souffle Pancake Recipe
These Japanese-style pancakes have extra fluff and custardy taste. Plus, they’re IG-worthy too!
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat or full-fat buttermilk at room temperature
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter (melted or cooled slightly)
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsps granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- cooking spray
- maple syrup and fresh berries (to serve)
- 3-inch-wide by 2-3/4-inch-high ring molds
- Beat egg whites until they're firm. You can use a stand mixer or electric hand mixer in medium-low speed with a large bowl. Mix to get a frothy texture. Increase to high speed until you see stiff peaks. Then put the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Whisk wet ingredients like egg yolks, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla in a separate large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients like flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk until all ingredients combine. Don't worry about seeing a few lumps!
- Take the beaten egg whites out from the refrigerator. To create the pancake batter, use a rubber spatula to gently fold beaten egg whites until there are only a few streaks left.
- Apply cooking spray on a nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Use the same spray for the insides of the ring molds. Place the ring molds evenly apart on the pan.
- Carefully spoon the pancake batter. Fill each ring mold in slightly less than half portions.
- Cover the pan with a clean kitchen towel. Make sure it's far from the flame! It shouldn't touch the bottom of the pan or go over the edge. After placing the towel, put the lid over and allow the pancake to cook.
- Wait 13 to 15 minutes for the pancake batter to rise and fluff. Bubbles should form, edges should be dry, and the center should barely jiggle.
- Using tongs, quickly flip each ring mold. To loosen the pancake from the mold, carefully run a small offset spatula or butter knife inside each mold then gently push pancake down until it touches the pan. Cook uncovered for three to four minutes to let the pancake set.
- Turn off the heat. Carefully run the spatula or butter knife again around the inside of each mold. Use tongs to remove the mold and gently release the pancakes. Clean the molds and coat with cooking spray. Repeat previous steps to cook the remaining batter.
- Place your souffle pancakes on a serving plate. Add butter, maple syrup, and berries.
Source: The Kitchn
How To Make Fluffy Pancakes: Coffee Pancake Recipe
Fluff up this two-in-one breakfast fix! We added a little tip to this Yummy recipe to ensure you’re fluffing your pancakes right.
- 2 tbsps instant coffee granules
- 1 cup fresh milk (warmed)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tbsps salted butter (melted, more for frying)
- 1 large egg
- maple syrup (to serve)
- Add coffee granules in fresh milk. Set aside and let it cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Pour coffee and milk mixture, egg, and melted butter into the bowl. Fold and mix until flour streaks disappear. Make sure to leave some lumps and not overmix because these factors will determine the fluffiness of your pancakes!
- In a nonstick pan over medium-low heat, you can choose to lightly grease butter all over before putting 1/2 cup of pancake batter. Use the back of the measuring cup to gently press the batter and form a round shape.
- Allow the pancake to cook. If all sides are firm and bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancake and cook until it's risen and firm. Then remove it from the pan and repeat steps using the remaining batter.
- Place pancake on a serving plate then add some butter and pancake syrup!