Woman-on-top (or "Cowgirl') is a classic position if you have a vagina and sleeping with someone with a penis. As most vagina-owners can't orgasm through penetration alone, this position is great because you can get extra stimulation either through grinding your clitoris as you ride away, or manually stimulating your clit with your fingers/a partner's fingers/a sex toy.
But, if you're an over-thinker like me (this is amplified tenfold when naked and having sex), it's hard to know exactly what to do when you're up there. Obvs, do what feels good for you. But remember, the best sex happens when both partners are having the time of their lives. Here, some guys on Reddit explain what movement feels good for them.
- "[It] depends on how she's positioning herself exactly. It's much easier to say that there ought to be an in-and-out motion, not back-and-forth grinding." [via]
- "The more in-and-out the better. Ideally that involves bouncing, but can also be achieved enough by the girl laying more horizontally on top, [rather] than sitting vertical and doing a grind that way." [via]
- "I like it best when she holds position and lets me thrust up into her from below. But if she's controlling the pace, I like a controlled bounce. Maximum in-and-out sensation." [via]
- "I prefer it to be in an arc, so I get the benefit of one of her walls going along my whole length. Back and forth grinding really doesn't do much for me. I once had a girl twerk on my dick. I like being bounced on, but rocking on me with your knees works best and is the least tiring too." [via]
- "For me personally, I like all of my dick getting stimulated. So I like bouncing, or her grinding her hips up and down with her arms wrapped around me." [via]
- "You feel more with a bounce, but rocking doesn't feel bad per se, and you can keep it going longer in between periods of bouncing. My SO prefers the rocking, so it's win-win for both of us." [via]
- "As long as she's not bending my cock in half when it's hard, either [rocking or bouncing] will do. That said, when a woman's on top of me, I grab her hips to guide her movements. Takes some effort, but worth it." [via]
- "Typically 2/3 rock and 1/3 in-and-out, roughly speaking. Anymore in-and-out, and you're going to fuck around and break my dick or something." [via]
- "Grinding in a sort of circular motion." [via]
- "Bounce; I don't feel anything when rocking." [via]
- "You want an in-and-out motion. There are ways, with clever positioning, to do that while rocking your hips instead of moving your full body weight. Though, frankly, I prefer being on top." [via]
- "Bouncing with some rocking in between, so we get the best of both worlds." [via]
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com/uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.