Just like whipping up a smart office outfit, coming up with an appropriate makeup look for work when you're pressed for time can be a challenge--but it shouldn't stress you out. We all know busy working gals don't have the luxury of an hour-long primping session, so it's best to master the basic steps to achieving a pretty yet professional look.
The idea is to keep your makeup soft and subtle. Don't go over-the-top; you're headed to the office, not a costume party. These simple, easy-to-follow beauty steps should help you create a perfectly polished look.
1. First, apply primer on your face. This will prep your skin for makeup, minimize the appearance of pores, and keep your skin smooth.
2. Dab foundation or BB Cream that matches your skin tone on your entire face and blend it with a sponge, a brush, or your finger.
3. Keep your eyebrows groomed and well-kept with an eyebrow gel. You can even use a natural colored powdered eyebrow shadow for shading.
4. Choose three shades of brown eyeshadow: light, medium, and dark. First, use the lightest shadow for the entire eyelid, then use the medium shade for the crease, and lastly, apply the dark one as your eyeliner.
5. Curl your eyelashes using an eyelash curler. Then apply at least two coats of mascara to your upper lashes.
6. Choose a natural-tinted cheek tint or a natural pink powder blush and apply on the apples of your cheeks or below them. You may also add bronzer to contour your cheeks, or use it on its own for a more glowing look.
7. For a dewy finish that gives more accent to your cheekbones, dot and blend liquid highlighter onto your cheeks.
8. Swipe lipstick in a shade that looks natural on you. If you want to grab a little attention, opt for a darker pink or pinkish red shade.
Check out our makeup picks when you launch our gallery!
Benefit is available at Greenbelt 5 and Rustan's Shangri-La.
Etude House is available at SM Mega Mall,
Maybelline is available at all leading department stores.
L'Oreal is available at all leading department stores.