Do you remember the last time you had a full eight-hour sleep on a weeknight? Me neither. I think ever since I hit my last year of college (Thesis, I'm looking at you!), sleep has become a long lost friend I certainly miss a lot.
The absence of sleep is typically replaced by unwelcome guests on your face: dark circles, dullness, and sagging skin. Of course, a proper skincare routine should be in order, but you can fight the look of puyat with a special skin care add-on: sleeping masks! Popularized by Koreans, this wonder product should be a mainstay in your dresser if you're almost always sleep-deprived.
Just like any other regular skincare product, sleeping masks repair and nourish while you snooze. The only difference is that these babies are seriously amped up with hydration and glow-boosting powers. Massage the mask on your skin after moisturizer, and use it thrice a week, max. You'll wake up with soft, radiant skin—as if you had lots of shut-eye!
Check out the best finds to use on the most haggard days of your life:
1. Skin tends to be dehydrated and flaky when you lack sleep. This gel-based overnight mask boosts your skin's hydration without getting greasy.
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask, P1,400, SM Megamall
2. This cutie will lift tired skin and prevent wrinkles from forming.
Tony Moly Pure Farm Pig Collagen Sleeping Pack, P828, Alabang Town Center
3. Apart from reviving sleep-deprived skin, this contains Edelweiss plant extract that strengthens your skin's ability to protect itself from environmental factors that cause aging.
The Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask, P1,895, The SM Store
4. When you don't sleep enough, poor blood circulation happens, creating a gray undercast on your skin—the mukhang haggard look. Override this with a brightening sleeping mask.
Banila Co It Radiant Sleeping Pack, P1,185, Glorietta
5. As we age, our skin droops, thanks to gravity. Double up your early anti-aging regimen with this night mask.
Origins Plantscription Powerful Lifting Overnight Masque, P3,400, SM Mall of Asia
A word of caution: Sleep is important AF for you. No amount of product can ever replace it. During deep slumber, your whole body repairs, recharges, and gets rid of the toxins in your system. With enough sleep, you'll be healthier, more alert, and you'll finally score that much coveted naturally lit-from-within glow.
Follow Ira on Instagram.