There isn’t one ~perfect~ diet; people have different body goals, and we don’t just mean aesthetically. It’s also important to take into account that people don’t react to foods the same way. Some can drop weight without trying too much, and others have to put in extra effort.
That said, if you’re someone who prefers snacking over having heavy meals, or if you need help transitioning from an unhealthy lifestyle to a more sustainable one, these nine low-calorie foods can help you stay full without packing in the pounds, as recommended by nutritionist Dr. Lisa Young.
Though they’re not high in protein, they have a lot of vitamins and antioxidants:
- Celery – It’s 95% water and only has six calories per serving.
- Blueberry – Not only are blueberries high in antioxidants, they also contain 14% of your daily fiber intake.
- Grapefruit – It’ll help stabilize your blood sugar levels.
- Cucumber – Don’t peel it! The skin (and the seeds) is the most nutritious part!
- Broccoli – It’s best to eat broccoli raw or steamed.
- Strawberry – Looking for something sweet? Trade your go-to candy for strawberries.
- Cauliflower – One serving only has 25 calories.
- Orange – FIBER QUEEN, you guys.
- Kale – Though it’s admittedly no one’s favorite, one cup of kale contains 33 calories plus three grams of protein.
Follow Ysa on Instagram.